TT on DSTV?

• oscar
  • oscar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 year 5 months ago #749030 by oscar
TT on DSTV? was created by oscar
I heard somewhere this might be coming to an end? Not sure if true but sounded like it.. anybody know more?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• johnnycomelately
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 year 5 months ago #749031 by johnnycomelately
johnnycomelately on topic TT on DSTV?
Guananteed to lose customers for sure as the only reason i have DSTV is for TT
The following user(s) said Thank You: PC

• Bob Brogan
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 5 months ago #749033 by Bob Brogan
Bob Brogan on topic TT on DSTV?
Sure the DSTV rumour has been around for years, think it surfaces every year after phum give their big players decoders

......................................................................................................................................

www.africanbettingclan.com

@SAFBETTINGCLAN

FACEBOOK

More
1 year 5 months ago #749039 by Muhtiman
Muhtiman on topic TT on DSTV?
.....the reality that TT/PGL are now rolling out these boxes.... signals a need to be interdependent of the principal broadcaster.....otherwise why incur these costs of having dedicated decoders when a partnership with DSTV has always been commercially advantageous.....DSTV is becoming costly as TT is still only available to premium subscribers and that subscription is partly preventative to having a bigger viewing audience...TT/PGL then need to offer an attractive subscription fee and an incentive to get potential viewers on board.....I for one a big DSTV viewer have become rather disenchanted with the overall decline in prime content and service and more recently discovered that this Dora Explora actually hinders the streaming capability of my home fibre network.....:S

My idea of "help from above" is a sniper on the roof
and a higher power is a hell fire missile armed drone.

More
1 year 5 months ago #749041 by BIGNIC
BIGNIC on topic TT on DSTV?
Tellytrack available on most subscriptions not only on premium
The following user(s) said Thank You: Muhtiman

More
1 year 5 months ago #749046 by Muhtiman

BIGNIC wrote: Tellytrack available on most subscriptions not only on premium

:oops: .....this must be more recent as I wanted to down grade some 18months ago and TT was not on the compact package.....:dry:

More
1 year 5 months ago #749067 by Muhtiman
.....sh!t the price of a Compact package is now R500+ that is a lot for the little that is provided.....:ohmy:

More
1 year 5 months ago #749078 by good2soft
good2soft on topic TT on DSTV?

Muhtiman wrote: .....sh!t the price of a Compact package is now R500+ that is a lot for the little that is provided.....:ohmy:

R385 Compact but R500 plus on a 24 month contract fixed

I will not win Immediately but Definitely.

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #749089 by Muhtiman
....so if you already have a Dora the sub is still R365.....R509 for Compact Plus yet I see that their Premium package is listed at R809 yet I/m paying R899 and have only just come off price lock package
.....they are billing me R90 access fee :huh: and found out 2 months ago that I was billed R99/pm for Showmax which was supposed to be free.....also paid in R1000 a year ago as my debit order was supposed to have bounced but my bank paid it then the extra grand went missing in their accounting system....so DSTV are on notice as if I get TT through another medium....then adios to them.....:oops:

Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Muhtiman.

More
1 year 5 months ago #749090 by louisg
louisg on topic TT on DSTV?
Hi Muhti, Bob
I will post on the Free Gift thread,bon this one. The good news for Muhti is that you can now get rid of DSTV if u want to...

More
5 months 1 week ago - 5 months 1 week ago #779753 by Muhtiman

Muhtiman wrote: ....so if you already have a Dora the sub is still R365.....R509 for Compact Plus yet I see that their Premium package is listed at R809 yet I/m paying R899 and have only just come off price lock package
.....they are billing me R90 access fee :huh: and found out 2 months ago that I was billed R99/pm for Showmax which was supposed to be free.....also paid in R1000 a year ago as my debit order was supposed to have bounced but my bank paid it then the extra grand went missing in their accounting system....so DSTV are on notice as if I get TT through another medium....then adios to them.....:oops:

.......after almost a year I have finally dumped DSTV or did they dump me......a long month Jan and had my DSTV debit order bounced yet they did not cut me off immediately and I was able to view for more than a week after..... and I thought that they found that elusive Grand that went missing in their Enron type accounting...... and then much later the chop together with a SMS that they will only connect if I pay a re-connection fee and a sub......well DSTV adios.....your content sucks and services not worth R900+......got Showmax and Netflix on my smart TV piggybacking on the wife's family sub plus the 2018 Xmas box for TT and live course feeds from Phum..... also will have my wife fund Amazon Prime on her new CC $2.99/month to watch the Jack Ryan series sequel.....will not miss the cricket as SA sucks more.....wonder if they will miss me with the migration of many more that finally have freedom to stream without Dora......:whistle:

Last edit: 5 months 1 week ago by Muhtiman. Reason: dollar

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #781270 by Muhtiman
......how weak is DSTV 's attempt to lure me back.....they send SMS that if I rejoin before today I could stand a chance to win 1 gig of data.....FFS what incentive is that....I just paid R80 for a gig.....guess DSTV will not be seeing me soon
.....still busy with Amazon Prime....have not got to the Jack Ryan yet....been binge(ing) on Sneaky Pete.....:P

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #782929 by Muhtiman
.....see that I am not alone and under the Who are you thread Pihrobeta had his little rant on the non value of DSTV and the crappy pictures from TT.....what are TT going to do to improve the feeds from Singapore(shocking) Hong Kong(bad but not like Singapore) and Dubai(Jebal Ali) surely 3 top countries cannot all be sending crappy pictures and TT have a problem receiving them all broken up and inaudible......as we now sometimes see from time to time from PE and even Turffies......that outfit has gone to sh!t....and no pleasure to watch anymore.....:huh:

More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #783864 by Muhtiman
....not having access to FTA Free to air news channels through DSTV decoder has prompted me to browse around and found out that new subscribers can get DSTV Access channel for FTA channels for under R100/pm (increases due next month) and it includes TT....however when I tried to get this package they wanted a re-connection fee of ZAR432 because I am an existing customer that had let a premium subscription lapse.....I then find out that I can stream most major news channels with DSTV Now online through laptops and smart phones but not on decoder.... anyway most these international news like CNN SKY and Euronews are not available on DSTV Access package....so I stick to the non subscription and have to watch the news on a computer.....:dry:

Last edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Muhtiman. Reason: stream not steam but DSTV got me steaming too

More
3 months 1 week ago #783865 by Muhtiman
.......BTW a DSTV Access subscription also includes DSTV Now.....so you can watch Local SABC news and TT on any streaming device.....:)

More
3 months 4 days ago #784201 by Muhtiman
.....is TT working on DSTV......not working on the gift box.....:huh:

More
3 months 4 days ago #784202 by manwatweet
manwatweet on topic TT on DSTV?

Muhtiman wrote: .....is TT working on DSTV......not working on the gift box.....:huh:

Same, problem on their side.

As jy dom is moet jy slim wees

More
3 months 4 days ago #784206 by manwatweet
manwatweet on topic TT on DSTV?
Showing Roulette now on 3 channels.

As jy dom is moet jy slim wees

More
3 months 4 days ago #784207 by Muhtiman

manwatweet wrote:

Muhtiman wrote: .....is TT working on DSTV......not working on the gift box.....:huh:

Same, problem on their side.

......some clown hit the wrong switch.....mind you a black screen is better than that f@cking wheel''''''' :dry:

More
3 months 1 day ago #784399 by Muhtiman
......been plugging for DSTV here but they too are corporate bandits.....I now see that I can no longer stream their FTA news channels as they suddenly got stopped.....my wife was streaming fmovies and that is also unavailable....so she took a Showmax special deal R149 for 3 months and they also have all the news channels for free streaming on all our devices.....I know that they are sort of in the DSTV family but I will not support the DSTV elitist mentality on those high subs.....lets see if they can afford to shed a few 100 thousand subscribers after the COVID crunch....:whistle:

The following user(s) said Thank You: oscar

Time to create page: 0.484 seconds

About A.B.C

African Betting Clan is established for the upliftment of the sports punter, who enjoys a bet on horse racing, football and other sports, enabling them to voice their views and opinions on all aspects of the sport of their choice, free of charge.

Learn More

Contact Details

Main Office (HQ)
Box 40390 moreleta park, Pretoria 0044
+27 827854357

Events

July 2020
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25