• Bob Brogan
  • Bob Brogan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 2 months ago #759971 by Bob Brogan
Hawwaam Freeking Champion was created by Bob Brogan

......................................................................................................................................

www.africanbettingclan.com

@SAFBETTINGCLAN

FACEBOOK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #759977 by Sylvester
Sylvester on topic Hawwaam Freeking Champion
the overhead footage are they getting that from a cellphone strapped to a drunk pigeon

• Bob Brogan
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 2 months ago #759983 by Bob Brogan
Bob Brogan on topic Hawwaam Freeking Champion
Yup looks keek

......................................................................................................................................

@SAFBETTINGCLAN

FACEBOOK

• Lionel
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 year 2 months ago #759987 by Lionel
Lionel on topic Hawwaam Freeking Champion
Effortless. Pity about the one defeat.

More
1 year 2 months ago #760001 by PeterD
PeterD on topic Hawwaam Freeking Champion
Hawwaam was indeed impressive, but if you ignore Legal Eagle, he merely confirmed his current rating vs those he beat.
Legal Eagle has now run two in a row well below best- I don’t understand why he was sat on at the back 12 lengths off the pace- that has never been his style. He ran on well late, but the race was over by the time he was asked for an effort. He may be feeling his age, but could have another big win over a mile in him still.

I think that we have some very decent 3yo colts this year- all of Soqrat, Hawwaam, Cirillo, One World and Twist of Fate are proper Gr1 horses and we also have good depth in the 4yos headed by Rainbow Bridge, Do it Again and Undercover Agent. Some very interesting racing ahead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frodo

More
1 year 2 months ago #760007 by Prish007
Prish007 on topic Hawwaam Freeking Champion

PeterD wrote: Hawwaam was indeed impressive, but if you ignore Legal Eagle, he merely confirmed his current rating vs those he beat.
Legal Eagle has now run two in a row well below best- I don’t understand why he was sat on at the back 12 lengths off the pace- that has never been his style. He ran on well late, but the race was over by the time he was asked for an effort. He may be feeling his age, but could have another big win over a mile in him still.

I think that we have some very decent 3yo colts this year- all of Soqrat, Hawwaam, Cirillo, One World and Twist of Fate are proper Gr1 horses and we also have good depth in the 4yos headed by Rainbow Bridge, Do it Again and Undercover Agent. Some very interesting racing ahead.

all boiling up to be a good Vodacom july If we can get to see hawaan, rainbow ridge and do it again line up. It going to be an interesting next few months

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #760010 by Mac
Before the race he was ranked 10th highest in the world. And now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Lot 226, 2016 NYS, Diamondveld, R1.5m"
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Mac.

More
1 year 2 months ago #760019 by Garrick
Garrick on topic Hawwaam Freeking Champion

Mac wrote: Before the race he was ranked 10th highest in the world. And now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see the 'Bring On Frankel' brigade are winding up again. Cohen was positively cringeworthy after the race.
My opinion rightfully counts for nix but I would suggest you pay very close attention to what his trainer had to say in the winners' enclosure. It was the only considered (and cautionary!) opinion amongst all the hyperbolic gushing.
Well done to the horse and connections.

More
1 year 2 months ago #760029 by bayern
bayern on topic Hawwaam Freeking Champion
I thought it was a positive exercise to see how Hawwaam performed racing handy rather than coming from behind like he normally does. Considering his next outing will be at Greyville, they wouldn't want him to try and make up too much ground on a relatively short straight, so they would be pleased to see he can race fairly handy. May he go on to much bigger success.

Guessing has never been widely acclaimed as a good gambling strategy

More
6 months 3 weeks ago - 6 months 3 weeks ago #779285 by Garrick
Garrick on topic Hawwaam Freeking Champion
Nearly 9 months ago fans were cautioned not to get too carried away with Hawwaam until he had been properly tested. (ie WFA against the best in the land)

Leading the fan club choir was the avuncular but hopefully now chastened Mr Cohen; who at least can take consolation in that his own horse won on the day in Gauteng. Best wishes for that notable achievement.

I also note with bemusement that the fan club (or parts thereof) have now jumped ship & clambered aboard Vardy for the Met.

Win, lose or draw - I wouldn't back a VAR horse over 2000m at WFA under any circumstances. By the same token I would not confidently back a Silvano over a mile.

All things being equal I would be reasonably confident that Hawwaam will blow Vardy's brains out in the Met even if another horse actually wins it.

Just saying - no disrespect to either horse.
Last edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by Garrick.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #779292 by Mossel
Mossel on topic Hawwaam Freeking Champion
Agreed I think hawwaam will give them something to think about but Vardy did win well. It's a pitty hawwaam is going over seas it will take a good one to beat him if he was running in the July. Now I am going Balgerion for the july

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #779297 by Muhtiman
Muhtiman on topic Hawwaam Freeking Champion
....they are not machines.....issues at the start played a big part.....then the fittest coolest horse takes them apart....
as for this Var he may also get a trip..... if they do not let rip.....;)

My idea of "help from above" is a sniper on the roof
and a higher power is a hell fire missile armed drone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lionel

• Lionel
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 months 3 weeks ago - 6 months 3 weeks ago #779303 by Lionel
Lionel on topic Hawwaam Freeking Champion
I agree with Muthi regarding the start possibly impacting the performance of Hawaam. Twenty odd minutes delay for a temprimental horse is asking for trouble. How does MDK mitigate this? The farriers or whoever is responsible should be held accountable.

The horse did not settle at all during the race. Marcus said as much.

Marcus sticking with him is a good indication of the horses ability. I wouldn't be too quick to write him off.
Last edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by Lionel.

• Bob Brogan
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 months 3 weeks ago #779310 by Bob Brogan
The same start issues happened to everyone, and Hawwaam appeared to behave better then he ever has... Twist Of Fate coped and he pulled a shoe

Hope he never goes to Australia as the crowds there will be 20 times bigger

@SAFBETTINGCLAN

FACEBOOK
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnnycomelately

• Bob Brogan
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 months 3 weeks ago #779322 by Bob Brogan
“Mike de Kock put the disappointing run down in the main to two factors – what happened at the start and “not a very good ride from Anton Marcus”.

Read Article mikedekockracing.com/2020/01/12/hawwaam-...at-it-is-we-move-on/

@SAFBETTINGCLAN

FACEBOOK

• Bob Brogan
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 months 3 weeks ago #779340 by Bob Brogan
Iv`e never seen so much anger about a horse getting beat...

Mostly on SM

It was the Bookies
Mike de Kock should retire
Anton Marcus can only ride at Greyville
He was never going to win in the WC

I personally would be more worried about the run of Soqrat

@SAFBETTINGCLAN

FACEBOOK

• Press
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 months 3 weeks ago #779342 by Press
Press on topic Hawwaam Freeking Champion
Bob, this is a very emotional sport. Even more so because money is involved.

I personally was also very upset. From the start delay, to Anton rushing him to cut throats up front, then dropping him back, then switching him out without cover. If I didnt know Anton was carded to ride Hawwaam, I would swear it was a nervous work rider aboard. And I am probably one of Antons biggest supporters in this game! But we all are human and make poor judgments.

Fact of the matter is this - nobody wants to see a Champion get beat. If he got beat fair and square, we take it on the chin. But this was just preposterous. De Kock once used the word "sinister" in a documentary with Horse Chestnut. I think the Voodoo has come back to haunt him and Hawwaam once again :unsure:

Make no mistake, I am in no way saying that Vardy was an unworthy winner. He could probably still beat Hawwaam with all things being equal.

• oscar
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 months 3 weeks ago #779351 by oscar
oscar on topic Hawwaam Freeking Champion
Vardy smashed that field, great training and brilliant ride as usual from Craig. Well done to my mates who own the horse Greg and Daryl, this horse would go very well in Hong Kong, just saying.

Time to create page: 0.581 seconds

About A.B.C

African Betting Clan is established for the upliftment of the sports punter, who enjoys a bet on horse racing, football and other sports, enabling them to voice their views and opinions on all aspects of the sport of their choice, free of charge.

Learn More

Contact Details

Main Office (HQ)
Box 40390 moreleta park, Pretoria 0044
+27 827854357

Events

August 2020
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29