• Bob Brogan
  • Bob Brogan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 weeks 3 hours ago #781064 by Bob Brogan
Punters rebel in Durban was created by Bob Brogan
Getting messages that a stipe was attacked over the riding of Marcus and Paul Gadsby got punched

......................................................................................................................................

www.africanbettingclan.com

@SAFBETTINGCLAN

FACEBOOK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 1 hour ago #781072 by Gazza
Gazza on topic Punters rebel in Durban
They will be kissing him now if they backed PETRA

• Bob Brogan
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 week 6 days ago #781100 by Bob Brogan
Bob Brogan on topic Punters rebel in Durban
Stipe attacked and Paul punched and one comment... Thought this would be a hot topic

......................................................................................................................................

@SAFBETTINGCLAN

FACEBOOK

More
1 week 6 days ago #781108 by Mac
Sjoe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Lot 226, 2016 NYS, Diamondveld, R1.5m"

More
1 week 6 days ago #781114 by MissT
MissT on topic Punters rebel in Durban
And it seems you are the only one to mention this story Bob. I cannot find a report or comment about this incident anywhere which is really strange.

More
1 week 6 days ago #781131 by Thor
Thor on topic Punters rebel in Durban
The sentiment around local racing is so low right now that I think nobody is even surprised by things like this any longer, Bob.

• Bob Brogan
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 week 7 hours ago #781559 by Bob Brogan
I see this hit the papers

Covered up elsewhere?

@SAFBETTINGCLAN

FACEBOOK

More
3 days 20 hours ago #781865 by blueyonder001
blueyonder001 on topic Punters rebel in Durban
I must say i feel it is very unfair to blame Marcus. Lets look at the facts. Holy Guacumole broke down and had to be euthanized on humane grounds. How can this be Anton's fault when he put his very life at risk on this animal. The fact that it was 6to10 is irrelevant because whoever rode it including Ryan Moore or Frankie Dettori it was never going to feature. Fergies Rock went down sweating up profusely in a qualified maiden and was hence moderate to start with and finished 7th so again was this Antons fault. It is not his fault if the horse is priced up favourite and we as the punters are not obliged to back it if you not happy with Marcus or the horse then why not back something else or keep your money in your pocket. Baby Shooz brilliant win and good ride never got mentioned. First Sighting brilliant ride given every chance very stiff ran second. Petra superb ride got up only because of Marcus no mention of that. Farland went down short bandaged both front legs so obviously has problems and ran 4th given every chance by Marcus is it his fault? Vision to glory needs further according to the trainer given every chance actually brilliant ride beaten half a length. So this is Antons fault too? This blatant abuse of Anton in just a few examples on one day 12 Feb 2020 i feel is very unfair and before abusing a jockey you should have your facts straight and not talk from your pockets.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig Eudey, Dev, Craig Pienaar

• Felix
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 days 20 hours ago #781866 by Felix
Felix on topic Punters rebel in Durban
Sorry guys ,not being an ARM here but the guys that backed H G,at 6/10 need to take stock of their betting strategy you can take a ",odds on" in a 2 "horse race" in numerous sports betting options ,including "in running betting" and get your money back sans tax(for the time being),for a lot less risk,and make a good profit,betting on horse racing is a hobby,sports betting is a business (profit)

More
3 days 3 hours ago #781934 by Lionel
Lionel on topic Punters rebel in Durban
To sum thus up:

When I win, I'm a brilliant at studying form.
When I lose, the trainer, jockey, stipes, groom, course manager etc etc are useless B)

• Bob Brogan
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 days 2 hours ago #781936 by Bob Brogan
Exactly Lionel

There’s is actually a group set up on WhatsApp ( full up so I couldn’t join)

With the sole aim to boycott the bookie until they stop sponsoring trainers, jockeys, tracks, races etc

There are actually people out there that believe more than 30% of favourites should win and it’s all Marcus’s fault ( or any other jockey) when they don’t

Last I looked Marcus had the best record (probably)in the world

@SAFBETTINGCLAN

FACEBOOK

More
3 days 1 hour ago #781937 by Lionel
Lionel on topic Punters rebel in Durban
The Narcissist Blames You!

"Narcissists are notorious for placing blame on other people and not on themselves. ... Narcissists know right from wrong, they just cannot allow something bad to be their fault. It is another manifestation of their supreme self-centeredness as well as a protection for their fragile ego."

South Africa is full of them!

• MasterOfMyFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 days 56 minutes ago #781940 by MasterOfMyFate
MasterOfMyFate on topic Punters rebel in Durban
Lol Anton's strike rate is 30% and has been for a few seasons. The best by some distance as he's proved over and over again. If you're finding ways to abuse him, then you might as well abuse all other jockeys as well. He doesn't price up his horses as well - most of the horses he sits on are grossly underpriced through no fault of his own.

More
3 days 13 minutes ago #781942 by Dave Scott
Dave Scott on topic Punters rebel in Durban
I am not sure where we are going with this thread.
Anton is one of the best jocks on the planet.
His horses are all shorter than they should be due to his talent.

More
1 day 21 hours ago #782008 by Pirhobeta
Pirhobeta on topic Punters rebel in Durban

Bob Brogan wrote: Stipe attacked and Paul punched and one comment... Thought this would be a hot topic

true reflection of Horseracing in this country...not many follow anymore...no-one gives a hoot...competes with all the other crimes out there for news...

More
1 day 2 hours ago #782076 by ICE MACHINE
ICE MACHINE on topic Punters rebel in Durban
Racing is weak, courses are below par, and Anton doesn't need to ride there, so I hope he gives those brainless morons a big middle finger and stops taking rides in KZN.

More
23 hours 13 minutes ago #782088 by PC

ICE MACHINE wrote: Racing is weak, courses are below par, and Anton doesn't need to ride there, so I hope he gives those brainless morons a big middle finger and stops taking rides in KZN.

No excuses for the alleged poor behaviour, but is Anton riding there for Charity, basis your lambasting of racing in KZN?

More
20 hours 20 minutes ago - 20 hours 19 minutes ago #782092 by ICE MACHINE
Not KZN racing per se - just the weak fields, below par courses and the uneducated clowns who Anton should show the middle finger to.
Last edit: 20 hours 19 minutes ago by ICE MACHINE.

More
20 hours 10 minutes ago #782093 by mikesack
mikesack on topic Punters rebel in Durban

ICE MACHINE wrote: Not KZN racing per se - just the weak fields, below par courses and the uneducated clowns who Anton should show the middle finger to.

Lol. Looks like the Cape raiders will be back again , year after year they give a rats ass about below par courses or they would be giving Kzn a wide berth and heading up North to Phum country now, wouldn't they?

More
7 hours 44 minutes ago #782117 by ICE MACHINE
And what a relief they do Mike - otherwise the current 14th favourite in this year's July would be top of the boards , the 2nd favourite would be the current number 26 and 3rd favourite number 34 in the betting.... real scintillating prospect wouldn't you say ?

Time to create page: 0.476 seconds

About A.B.C

African Betting Clan is established for the upliftment of the sports punter, who enjoys a bet on horseracing, football and other sports, enabling them to voice their views and opinions on all aspects of the sport of their choice, free of charge.

Learn More

Contact Details

Main Office (HQ)
Box 40390 moreleta park, Pretoria 0044
+27 827854357

Events

February 2020
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29