Lyle Hewitson in Hong Kong

• Bob Brogan
  • Bob Brogan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 months 1 week ago #768960 by Bob Brogan
Lyle Hewitson in Hong Kong was created by Bob Brogan
I see he`s started to ride work in Hong Kong... Does anyone know when he will take his ban?

I might be wrong, but if he gets a 14 day ban, that converts to 14 race days meaning he will miss 2 or 3 months worth of rides in Hong Kong? (Strikers 6 days ban from Mauritius means six weeks off)

......................................................................................................................................

www.africanbettingclan.com

@SAFBETTINGCLAN

FACEBOOK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 1 week ago #768965 by BATMAN
BATMAN on topic Lyle Hewitson in Hong Kong
I have been wondering the same thing. Surely it can’t cant wait until the end of Hong Kong season.Or maybe they going to let him off.

More
6 months 1 week ago #768987 by DOCTOR R
DOCTOR R on topic Lyle Hewitson in Hong Kong
Bob... just wondering if he served any of his days in South Africa before he left?

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 months 1 week ago #768990 by Bob Brogan
Bob Brogan on topic Lyle Hewitson in Hong Kong

DOCTOR R wrote: Bob... just wondering if he served any of his days in South Africa before he left?

According to the NHRA website he never renewed his license, so I don’t think so

......................................................................................................................................

@SAFBETTINGCLAN

FACEBOOK

More
6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #768996 by louisg
louisg on topic Lyle Hewitson in Hong Kong
Firstly, each Jurisdiction has it's own way of suspending jocks. In Mauritius, 6 days means 6 of their weekly meetings, equaling 6 weeks.

In SA , two weeks is two weeks. Simple.

Secondly, a jock is permitted to ride work when suspended. He is not medically indisposed, he is suspended from Racing. He needs to ride work to stay fit.

Thirdly, is the appeal not still pending ? Isn't that what all the noise was about - the fact that it was still pending?
Last edit: 6 months 1 week ago by louisg.

More
6 months 1 week ago #769002 by BATMAN
BATMAN on topic Lyle Hewitson in Hong Kong
My question is when will it be finalized? When he comes back after the season? At this stage it hasn’t been done.

More
6 months 1 week ago #769004 by Over the Air
Over the Air on topic Lyle Hewitson in Hong Kong

DOCTOR R wrote: Bob... just wondering if he served any of his days in South Africa before he left?

Unless he is brain dead, this is the most likely scenario

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 months 1 week ago #769006 by Bob Brogan

Over the Air wrote:

Unless he is brain dead, this is the most likely scenario

Thing is he rode up to the last day of the season and never renewed his license ?

I was just confused after the controversy it caused with the Muzi outburst

@SAFBETTINGCLAN

FACEBOOK

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 months 1 week ago #769007 by Bob Brogan

louisg wrote: Firstly, each Jurisdiction has it's own way of suspending jocks. In Mauritius, 6 days means 6 of their weekly meetings, equaling 6 weeks.

In SA , two weeks is two weeks. Simple.

Secondly, a jock is permitted to ride work when suspended. He is not medically indisposed, he is suspended from Racing. He needs to ride work to stay fit.

Thirdly, is the appeal not still pending ? Isn't that what all the noise was about - the fact that it was still pending?

Ja Goose, that’s my point, he never took the ban “ as he was appealing “

Did he just abandon the appeal after he let go his SA license?

@SAFBETTINGCLAN

FACEBOOK

More
6 months 1 week ago #769020 by Tigershark
Tigershark on topic Lyle Hewitson in Hong Kong
Without having all the facts at my disposal another option would be to leave the Appeal outstanding until he returns or return, withdraw the Appeal and serve the two weeks while back to see the family.

All options at his disposal which is a reflection of how well our system works.

More
6 months 1 week ago #769028 by PeeKay
PeeKay on topic Lyle Hewitson in Hong Kong
He has more than likely received some advice....therefore his actions.

More
6 months 1 week ago #769030 by oscar
Why would a top jock like Lyle want to return? He will do well in HK and carry on racing there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karma

• Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 months 1 week ago #769033 by Karma

oscar wrote: Why would a top jock like Lyle want to return? He will do well in HK and carry on racing there.

100%.. There have been comments about Aldo/GvN/Murray etc with regards to the amount they were making compared to when they were here.... Imo, they did not go over to HK/Singapore with the reputation Lyle is going over there with. This could be seen with the rides they initially received (most rides where on long shots). Lyle will no doubt receive some very decent rides and will make a name for himself, this i am sure of.

Another thing, Lyle has been one of the hardest working Jocks on our shores since he became a fully fledged jock.. He rides pretty much 6 days a week every week throughout the year. Yes, i am sure he will still do work everyday, but he will not be doing half the milage he was doing while here.. He will earn packets more than what he was earning here for working a lot less hours.. He will gain invaluable knowledge from a jurasdiction that prides itself on tip top structures and performance etc etc etc etc...

I cannot see Lyle returning here anytime soon... Maybe when his time is eventually over in HK and his new challenge stares him in his face, we will see him off in Aus riding for another saffer namely MDK :)......

Are you living your life or waiting to die?

More
6 months 6 days ago #769039 by louisg
louisg on topic Lyle Hewitson in Hong Kong
I am speculating, as you all are. I do not know why he did not renew his license. I have no idea re the suspension process. But, renewed or not renewed, our suspension will count in HK, once finalised. This could be an interesting scenario.

However, I will tell you that success in HK is not a given, for any jock. Just one or two quiet days at the outset and a jock can very quickly be labelled as "unlucky" or "overrated" . In some ways, HK can be as fickle as Mauritius...
We all know that Lyle is top class. But, in HK, u still need a bit of luck to get u going.

Lets hope that lady luck smiles on Lyle, from the start.

More
6 months 6 days ago #769043 by Sharky
Sharky on topic Lyle Hewitson in Hong Kong
Could Lyle not have served this from 1 Aug until 14 Aug and then get on with life? Good luck to the champ, so excited for him. Go show them!

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #778427 by markg
At last , Doug Whyte gave Lyle a nice chance
Ride with some form.
Well ridden. Most jockeys would have been back in SA . Perseverance pays off
HK is extremely competitive and superstitious
SA jocks have what it takes to ride winners

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 month 4 weeks ago #778428 by Bob Brogan
Magic ... Class is permanent

@SAFBETTINGCLAN

FACEBOOK

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #778433 by Deputy Jud
Deputy Jud on topic Lyle Hewitson in Hong Kong
Inevitable :)

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #778459 by Muhtiman
Muhtiman on topic Lyle Hewitson in Hong Kong
....I recently caught the interview that a major Ozz TV (think it may have been a Sky sports channel)....where they interviewed 21 year old Reagan Bayliss on his return to Ozz.....now I do not know how hot he was in Ozz before he went to HK but there was a lot of press saying he had given up some potential big group race mounts in Melbourne to go to ride in HK......and he saw his @rse.....only 2 winners from 81 rides.....he explained that HK is very tough and you can get rides but not the right ones.....you have no agent.....you have very little idea of horse potential ....you chase for the rides you think may be better potential....you have to constantly market yourself to the trainers while riding work....they still give the better rides to more senior riders and those with better stats ....and you get what ever the top jocks dont want....so here is a place where your riding talent means far less than the ability to try find the right horses..... and one needs a great deal of luck that the right horses find you......BTW it was a very average (in HK) Frankel that gave Lyle his 1st winner.......:whistle:

My idea of "help from above" is a sniper on the roof
and a higher power is a hell fire missile armed drone.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #778460 by MissT
I too think Lyle will do very well but remember he may not get the opportunity to stay even if he wants to. The HKJC decide whether he goes or stays. I remember well that when Felix first went over he also struggled until his champion horse arrived and that changed everything for him. Hopefully the same will happen for Lyle.

Time to create page: 0.419 seconds

About A.B.C

African Betting Clan is established for the upliftment of the sports punter, who enjoys a bet on horseracing, football and other sports, enabling them to voice their views and opinions on all aspects of the sport of their choice, free of charge.

Learn More

Contact Details

Main Office (HQ)
Box 40390 moreleta park, Pretoria 0044
+27 827854357

Events

February 2020
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29