• Craig Pienaar
  • Craig Pienaar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 month 1 day ago #766666 by Craig Pienaar
Craig Pienaar created the topic: Rugby Championship 2019
Australia + 7.5 looks the bet of the weekend against SA , cant see SA winning this one
NZ - 12.5 looks about right , Argentina are on a high after there super rugby performance but NZ should still be too strong for them

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 day ago #766681 by fingers
fingers replied the topic: Rugby Championship 2019
Argentina 25/1 to win Rugby championship

only 1 round this year, and Argies have AB;s and Boks at home

Ignorance doesn't kill you, but it makes you sweat a lot.

• chicken n chips
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 month 21 hours ago #766740 by chicken n chips
chicken n chips replied the topic: Rugby Championship 2019
All the Northern Hemisphere sides have so called warm up matches in August/Sept. This Championship basically boils down to that, just getting your options right. Looks like the Boks will not be fielding their first 15 which gives the Aussies a chance to win at Ellis Park for the first time in many a year.

I read today that Argentina are including their overseas players in the squad. This will make them stronger and could well be a good bet to make the semi finals in the WC.

• Bob Brogan
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 month 3 hours ago #766781 by Bob Brogan
Bob Brogan replied the topic: Rugby Championship 2019
Looks a pretty weak Bok side

......................................................................................................................................

www.africanbettingclan.com

@SAFBETTINGCLAN

FACEBOOK

• Craig Eudey
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 month 3 hours ago #766783 by Craig Eudey
Craig Eudey replied the topic: Rugby Championship 2019
Springbok B side. Top 15 left or leave for NZ today and the replacements leave after the game Saturday.

• Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 month 1 hour ago #766803 by Karma
Karma replied the topic: Rugby Championship 2019
Look out Smith/Barrit, Murray/Sexton, Laidlaw/Russel.... We have Jantjies/Jantjies.. We are world beaters :) :) :) :) :)

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Are you living your life or waiting to die?

• Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 month 53 minutes ago #766805 by Karma
Australia (Win) and Argentina (+12.5 handicap) is a ball hair under 4/1.. Seems a decent price imo

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #766912 by Frodo
Frodo replied the topic: Rugby Championship 2019
Imo we could beat the Aussies; Ellis Park is a fortress, and we have a strong tight five, so that's where we have an advantage; have not seen the All Black side, but if they field even close to their best side, I think they would carry too many guns for Argentina - but have to admit the margin seems big :unsure:

More
4 weeks 19 hours ago #766979 by manwatweet
manwatweet replied the topic: Rugby Championship 2019
Very proud of the Bokke. I am looking forward to the World Cup.

As jy dom is moet jy slim wees
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig Eudey

More
4 weeks 18 hours ago #766983 by the fantasy
the fantasy replied the topic: Rugby Championship 2019
Hope the bookies make the Bokke odds on for the WC so that we can get a better price on the All Blacks.

• Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 weeks 5 hours ago #766992 by Karma
My Take on the game-

Well done Bokke and you proved me wrong. On saying that, i am still not very convinced. We beat a very weak Aussie side that at times at the first half had us in tatters but the "bounce" of the ball seems to fall our way.... Never the less, a win is a win. I cannot see the Aussies winning any of their 2 remianing games in the championship and will be awarded the wooden spoon...

Next week will be the litmus test to see where we actually are as a squad.

Onto Jantjies.....Herschel that is.... Firstly i would like to apologize to him for putting him in the same catagory as his namesake.... He really did have a good game, but i will refrain from putting him in the world class category for a while until we see how he fares against "top" opposition and when he is under immense pressure...

One thing i will say about him though, is that it is a breath of fresh air finally having a scrummie that can give such quick service and is able to consistantly give quality ball directly from the ruck/maul WITHOUT having to take two/three steps... Personally, i havent seen a bok scrumhalf that has been able to give that sort of quality since Fourie Du Preez... I really hope his rise does not stop and he continues to improve.. He does look to have tons of potential....

The following user(s) said Thank You: flydubai

• Felix
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 weeks 5 hours ago #766994 by Felix
Felix replied the topic: Rugby Championship 2019

Karma wrote: My Take on the game-

Well done Bokke and you proved me wrong. On saying that, i am still not very convinced. We beat a very weak Aussie side that at times at the first half had us in tatters but the "bounce" of the ball seems to fall our way.... Never the less, a win is a win. I cannot see the Aussies winning any of their 2 remianing games in the championship and will be awarded the wooden spoon...

Next week will be the litmus test to see where we actually are as a squad.

Onto Jantjies.....Herschel that is.... Firstly i would like to apologize to him for putting him in the same catagory as his namesake.... He really did have a good game, but i will refrain from putting him in the world class category for a while until we see how he fares against "top" opposition and when he is under immense pressure...

One thing i will say about him though, is that it is a breath of fresh air finally having a scrummie that can give such quick service and is able to consistantly give quality ball directly from the ruck/maul WITHOUT having to take two/three steps... Personally, i havent seen a bok scrumhalf that has been able to give that sort of quality since Fourie Du Preez... I really hope his rise does not stop and he continues to improve.. He does look to have tons of potential....

Agree 100 percent Karma

• Craig Pienaar
  • Craig Pienaar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 weeks 2 days ago #767269 by Craig Pienaar
Craig Pienaar replied the topic: Rugby Championship 2019
Got it wrong last weekend and doesn't look any easier this weekend , with all the changes being made difficult to tell which combination will fire.
NZ vs SA is always a great game so lets hope the Boks can win a narrow one
Aus vs Arg will also be very interesting , Aussies where very poor last weekend and surely will improve which should see them edge the Argentines

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #767366 by manwatweet
manwatweet replied the topic: Rugby Championship 2019
Bokke will take the World Cup!

As jy dom is moet jy slim wees

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #767383 by aluminium
aluminium replied the topic: Rugby Championship 2019
living in NZ now, got such a "warm gevoel in my gat " with that result .Jantjies has certailnly got the X factor . SA rugby been waiting for a player like this and an absolutely brilliant result.

GO BOKKE

• chicken n chips
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 weeks 21 hours ago #767414 by chicken n chips
chicken n chips replied the topic: Rugby Championship 2019
Impressive display, only one major mistake which was Vermeulen knocking on and NZ scoring their try with the advantage. Boks are definitely back and must not blow it against Argentina next week. ABs look very heavy and after last weeks fortunate win over Argentina their WC hat trick dream looks wobbly atm.

The coach has a wonderful problem now. Who to start with mind you it appears that the Boks have two teams capable of beating most. Feel good about the WC now.

More
3 weeks 2 hours ago #767467 by Callatus
Callatus replied the topic: Rugby Championship 2019
Got 30/1 at halftime for a draw !!!
Kaching !

• TNaicker
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 weeks 6 days ago #767491 by TNaicker
TNaicker replied the topic: Rugby Championship 2019

Callatus wrote: Got 30/1 at halftime for a draw !!!
Kaching !

Well done !!:cheer:

Life's too short to have a long face...so, cherish the good, learn from the bad and forget the rest...

• TNaicker
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 weeks 6 days ago #767492 by TNaicker
TNaicker replied the topic: Rugby Championship 2019

chicken n chips wrote: Impressive display, only one major mistake which was Vermeulen knocking on and NZ scoring their try with the advantage. Boks are definitely back and must not blow it against Argentina next week. ABs look very heavy and after last weeks fortunate win over Argentina their WC hat trick dream looks wobbly atm.

The coach has a wonderful problem now. Who to start with mind you it appears that the Boks have two teams capable of beating most. Feel good about the WC now.

We will win this World Cup...lots to be positive about...Pieter-steph du Toit is my current favourite player...doesn't have an off day and an engine to outlast the best of them...

Life's too short to have a long face...so, cherish the good, learn from the bad and forget the rest...

• Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 weeks 6 days ago #767500 by Karma
My 2c,

Like most out there, i agree that we were the better side in the 1st half and NZ were the better side in the 2nd half....

The problem i have is although we were the better side and dominated the 1st half, at no stage did i think that we were going to run away with the game or atleast get a decent point tally during the time that we dominated... This showed at half time when we went into the break a point down... I think this can be put down to our defense looking the part, but our offense maybe not....

The second half, our defence carried us through again and we managed to somehow hang in there until the last grasp try that squared us all up... I suppose the pleasing side of this, is that we have not managed to hang in there and the minute we are being forced back we have had the tendency to fall short... This is definately a fighting aspect that Rassie has done wonders with this squad...

The Ref- Imvho, while he did have a good game for the most, i thought there was 2 incidents in the 2nd half that definately could have changed the result of the game.... 1st was the penalty that Mouanga slotted after a clear and blatant knock on. What happened to the tmo? Why did he not help? I thought the new rules was the tmo was allowed to help the ref? 2nd point, and maybe not so obvious was there was a bit of ping pong with the ball close to the NZ 10m line. Definately in a kickable position.Perenara clearly hit the ball back to his backline from an offside position (i still rewinded the segment as i was suprised this wasnt picked up being so close to the touch line), so instead of a Pollard shot for another 3 points, we ended up having to try defend the NZ attack... That is a 6 point swing (assuming the kicks would have gone over) which obviously would have affected the result...

NZ - I might kop some flack for this, but i guess every country probably falls into this category especially in a WC year, when the old dogs really want to have their swansong.... I understand Crotty is their 1st choice inside centre, and he is out injured, but i have no doubt in my mind that SBW is NOT their 2nd best inside centre. I have not once sat up in the last few years and thought, WOW this guy can play... He is living off reputation and it does leave me perplexed that he still manages to get his name on the teamsheet.... The other name that i believe falls into that category is Kieran Read... Not i know this is a bit of a shock, but imo the only way i can see him in the starting line up ahead of Savea is due to his leadership qualities.... I would have Savea in my team 10 times out of 10 before Read.... after all, with the amount of leadership in the side already, surely Reads leadership while good, wouldnt not make the be all and end all.... But on this, lets not forget the additions that still need to be included into this squad (Sam Cane, Ardie Savea, Luamape, Crotty, Squire just to name a few)....

Over all, i thought it was a pleasing result and we have definately taken a good few steps forward...

Lets keep getting better boys :)

Time to create page: 0.379 seconds

About A.B.C

African Betting Clan is established for the upliftment of the sports punter, who enjoys a bet on horseracing, football and other sports, enabling them to voice their views and opinions on all aspects of the sport of their choice, free of charge. Everyone who joins the CLAN, can discuss a multitude of sports events with a view to increasing the knowledge-base of all interested parties. Horse Racing is by far the most represented sport and we welcome the views of the many owners, trainers, punters and all racing stakeholders, all of whom post their contributions on our discussion forums. Members glean what they want to and discuss selections for the day and the general well being of the sport.

Get in touch

Contact Details

Main Office (HQ)
Box 40390 moreleta park, Pretoria 0044
+27 827854357

Events

August 2019
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24