• Dave Scott
  • Dave Scott's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

"Yesterday's" racing feedback.

2 weeks 2 days ago
Sent from my Galaxy

Good morning all.

Today is just a follow up to my “tomorrow” post from yesterday and needless to say things did not work out as planned.

The morning started on a sad note with George having to say farewell to his Mother-In-Law and our thoughts and prayers are with George and his family during these difficult times.
Margot fought a long hard battle and may she now RIP 🙏

I just watched racing from home and what a fantastic day for Sean Tarry (5 winners) and Richard added another 4 to his tally and is now on 272 for the season.
It was great to see Clyde back at the track and may he go from strength to strength 💪 

As far as punting is concerned, I managed to punt Legend of Arthur (one to follow), World of Alice, Simply Majestic and Lucky Lad was my best bet and probably the ride of the season. In addition, Zinovi rounded off a good day at the office.
I missed the exotics and many PAs on Zeus. I later discovered that the horse was subject to 6 blood samples before the race with 500 ml of blood loss hence you could see the horse was agitated going down to the post.
Not sure what the silent NHRA are up to these days but they are certainly not in good favour with owners, trainers and the punting public.
The UK results were also favourable with WIllie Mullins lifting the British Jumps Crown. The maestro Vincent O'Brien being the last Irishman to win it on the flat some 70 years ago. 

Interesting local news is that Princess Calla has been sold.
Mario Ferreira confirmed that John Stewart of Resolute Farm is the purchaser. We will feature more details on this story in due course however, in the meantime we wish the SA star everthing of the best for the future.

Of all my favourite songs and artists you can never beat the Beatles to be spoilt for choice.

Good Punting

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Frodo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: "Yesterday's" racing feedback.

2 weeks 2 days ago
Surely an investigation needs to follow the Zeus incident ?

Most interesting race ito ratings for me was the Colorado King - If one takes Aragosta and Safe Passage as 'line' horses, both Pure Predator and Hotarubi ran 8 to 10 points above their ratings - somehow I think it's more than likely that both Aragosta and Safe Passage ran above their current ability - will be interesting to see what the Handicapper does   

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

2 weeks 2 days ago
Condolences Zoro

• Zackey

2 weeks 1 day ago
Frankie Zackey,,it's a absolute disgrace what trauma the poor animal had to be put through,,he was a complete nerves wreck by the time he reached the (DELAYED) start...There's much more behind this blood testing guy's...Surely if a reading comes up as error 3 times something is very dodgy....Punters I feel done their hard earned cash once again in cold blood...Who and Why are the NHA gunning a certain group of trainers

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 weeks 23 hours ago
.....please mister..... don't put that thing in my nose.....they just gonna prick me 2- 3 more times and then just send me back home again.....an expensive bit of equipment and who will we find to fund our new toy.....and if getting pricked is not so bad .....then let's race as they do in the States.....and hook up an IV with a cocktail of lasix/salix an hour before a race.....sure horses there eventually become used to the needle.....

Time to create page: 0.353 seconds